1. What insurance does Dr. Light take?
Medicare assignment, participating provider organizations (PPO) and Workers' Compensation.
2. What hospital is he affiliated with?
Saint Francis Memorial Hospital
3. What types of surgeries does Dr. Light offer?
Dr. Kenneth Light offers state of the art surgeries in disc surgery of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine for prior failed back surgery and correct of spinal deformities, decompression of spinal stenosis, state of the art spinal reconstruction, and disc replacement arthroplasty.
4. Does Dr. Light perform the Artificial Disc Replacement surgery?
5. Why is tobacco bad for a fusion surgery?
Tobacco itself is not a problem. The nicotine in the direct smoker helps to cause constriction of the arterioles which decreases circulation and healing of the spinal fusion.
6. Do I need to bring any films with me for my appointment?
Yes, bring all diagnostics films and reports to your appointment. This will provide a complete evaluation of your current condition.
7. Does Dr. Light take motor vehicle accident cases?
Yes. Prior to the appointment, we will need a letter from your automobile insurance company stating the available medical expenses from your accident. In addition, we will also require private insurance coverage. We do not accept liens.